This is a journal of our retirement move and life in Ucluelet on Vancouver Island's ruggedly beautiful west coast. The town's motto is "Enjoy life on the edge".

Follow our new adventures at Eyes On Vancouver.

Check my main photography website, or follow me on my Facebook page.

Click on pictures to see them full size.

Thursday 24 October 2013

Slow Day

So far, today has been one of those really slow days that any who suffers from arthritis (as Marcelle and I both do) will relate to. A day to relax and recharge the batteries (ours and the cameras'). In fact, other than hanging the last few prints and doing some vacuuming, little else has been accomplished. Mind you, I have done some research on the latest thinking on settings for the best video from the Sony NEX 7 cameras I use.

We might amble down to Big Beach later to catch the sunset, but here's a shot I took this morning of our local Ent, who resides in our driveway.



This is an iPhone 4 Histamatic image, using my most favored combo of Tintoretto 1884 "lens" and D-Type Plate "film". It mimics the look of daguerreotype-inspired images with regions of sharpness that are based upon the iPhone's face-detection algorithms. While it works very well for portraits, rendering wonderfully sharp eyes and mouth, shooting nature is sometimes a gamble as to just what the app decides should be sharp. The surrounding areas are beautifully out-of-focus and the borders mimic an old photographic plate, actings as an attractive frame.

Well, more relaxing is in order, I think.



No comments :

Post a Comment