This is a journal of our retirement move and life in Ucluelet on Vancouver Island's ruggedly beautiful west coast. The town's motto is "Enjoy life on the edge".

Follow our new adventures at Eyes On Vancouver.

Check my main photography website, or follow me on my Facebook page.

Click on pictures to see them full size.

Tuesday 5 November 2013

May I Present M. Edward Bear...

A dreary, wet, cold day today in Ukee. We actually ventured out to go to the northern trailhead of the WPT, but as we drove out of the driveway, the light drizzle, now having successfully lured us out, disappeared in a deluge. Marcelle and I looked at one another, and by unanimous agreement, picked up milk and went back home.

So, a project day!

Luckily, M. Edward Bear (to whom you were introduced in yesterday's post) was still in the neighbourhood and available. Having arrived at a mutually equitable agreement, we set to work to bring you this series of cunning images, accompanied by the Honourable M. Bear's haiku. What more need be said?

 hawk in the valley
I was weeping for the clouds
remembering you



red cattle at dusk
I am singing like the sky
the scent of the past


the strings and notes danced
danced steadily to the beat
we were one with them


raindrops in the clouds
the night standing like the hills
dreaming of rainfall


M. Bear, whom I learned one addresses formally: always Edward, never Ted, (an inadvertent 'Teddy' earned me a quick smoldering glare from those boot-button eyes followed by a period of stony silence). He was polished and adept at his art, both posing and writing. Generally, we had quite a gratifying session, and were actually quite pleased with some of the out takes, which we share with you now:

Dancin' with the Stars

"So, where does the film go?"

 
"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe."

. . . . . .


Quite a fun chap to hang around with. We've decided that we may work together again, so keep an eye out for my ursine cohort's continuing adventures.



No comments :

Post a Comment