This is a journal of our retirement move and life in Ucluelet on Vancouver Island's ruggedly beautiful west coast. The town's motto is "Enjoy life on the edge".

Follow our new adventures at Eyes On Vancouver.

Check my main photography website, or follow me on my Facebook page.

Click on pictures to see them full size.

Saturday 21 June 2014

Yes, But is it Art?

Sometimes, it's fun to go out on the edge. As you, Dear Reader, have probably noticed, I tend to like my images with more 'punch' than a pure documentary portrayal would show. Some of the reasons for this include the fact that as photographers, we can only capture so much of what the human eye sees, let alone what we experience with our other senses during the original encounter. In reality, I'm making art, not documentation. I like to see nice bright colours, and crisp, clear edges that help to pop the image out and bring a sense of the experience that drew me to capture the picture in the first place.
But with software tools available to us today, it's sometimes just plain fun to push things and see where they get you. Today, we did the lighthouse loop of the Wild Pacific Trail, and after I had done my usual post processing in the computer, I decided to treat the files with some of the more interesting apps that I have on my iPad. These apps allow you to apply different treatments that replicate more traditional artist's media, such as oil painting etc. I hope you might enjoy them.






Cheers!

No comments :

Post a Comment